tako ali tako se že vsi pretvarjamo
da ima vse skupaj na tem svetu smisel
kot da ne bomo nikoli umrli
da smo kralji teh virtualnih trenutkov
in da je življenje ena sama velika loterija
kaj pa če bi se pretvarjala tudi jaz in ti
da je vse za vedno
da naju nič ne more ločiti
da metulji v trebuhu nikdar ne izginejo
in da duša dvojčica obstaja, zares
samo dokler ne zaprem oči
- zgornja pesem je bila napisana v milanskem metroju na prvi list majhne beležke univerze v ljubljani, posvečena D., potem ko sva prejšnji večer gledala the theory of everything
- začela sem večkrat gledat v nebo, da se spomnem da smo majhni, in da konec koncev smisla ni in hkrati je, prav zdaj, prav tu.
- pogrešam slovenijo. slovenščino. čje in žje in šje. kosila v stadri. šivanje na faksu. popoldanske kave ob ljubljanici. interne fore iz ntfja. moje punce.
- trenutno berem (goltam) ni je več. pred spanjem pa knjigo ki mi jo je podarila B. nisem slikala že nekaj časa, samo skiciram hecne kvaziavtoportrete. baterije se morajo napolniti.
- pride čas ko se moraš posloviti od nekaterih ljudi in to boli. še posebej če so to ljudje s katerimi je možno graditi gradove v oblakih in živeti od barv in melodij. Hvala, Rafa.
- in gremo naprej. vsak dan znova. en vdih in en izdih.
March 6, 2015
My father Rajko and me had an exhibition opening this Sunday, 1st March in hotel Delfin in Izola, Slovenija. Many people came and we were really happy. An exhibition is always a milestone in a career, and it's always a big step forward, pushing you out of your comfort zone.
The name of the series of paintings and monotypes is TROPICAL DEPTH. Lately I've been painting happy paintings. Because I think that in these dark times, or even if you tend to be dark inside, you need some light, some vivacious colours to lift you up.
In the series I was researching colours and shapes, lines and the relationship between all of them. Some are more wild and lively, others are more zen-alike. The colours are such a powerful tool to change our mood. Just watching at them can improve how you feel. My dear professor from university Marjeta Godler, also a painter, told me she found some deep freedom in my paintings.
Here are some pictures from the exhibition, I hope they will make your day brighter. If you are around Izola, go and take a look, the exhibition will take place until the end of March.
If you are interested in buying works or fine art prints, don't hesitate and write me on info (at) andrejakranjec.com
Have a wonderful weekend,
"tropical depth" 2014
with my dear friends and partner Dario
with one of my favourite paintings from the series
with my father
My father Rajko. I am so grateful to be his daughter and have his support on my artistic path. I learned so much from him, and I think he is a great artist. He loves nature, and this is why nature is in the spotlight in his paintings. He said that we need to reconnect with forests and find peace again. Each painting has a special energy, and as the title of his series says, we really do live in WONDERFUL WORLD.