December 14, 2013

DIY LIFE

Can you make your own instructions how to live your life?

It's been a long time since I wrote here. The past few months were a bit confused and now I can say the changes are coming.

 In the first place I wrote here a big blah blah story what happened but I realised now it's not relevant. I can just say that sometimes wasn't easy, I felt that I'm losing myself and I wanted to escape. To hide in a big world, somewhere where no one could find me and leave everyone behind.

Thinking of that and sharing thoughts with my friends and loved ones who supported me in any kind of decision,  I had an enlightment more or less two months ago. I realised that running away will not change anything. Running away will not change the way people see the world and myself. Running away leaves a bitter taste in mouth because you know you could have fought, but you didn't have the courage. Running away is the easiest way. Running away has this dramatic attitude and excuse that you're the crazy artist that no one understands so you have to go. I've been running away for a long long time, and it was about time to finally stop and start a revolution.

I stopped. And I paused for a while. What was I doing wrong that I've been going around in circles? Which were the obstacles?





Maybe it was not in finding the right answer, maybe it was in posing the right question.

Was I asking myself wrong things? Yes. I asked myself selfish things, like, 

- Am I good enough
? Do I look good enough? What should I do with my life? Am I really doing what I want?

where I should be asking myself: 

- How can my talents help and inspire others? 
- What I can give to the world to make it a better place?
- How can I serve?

And the world suddenly changed.

It was not just about me, me, me, it was about how I am conected to the others, and how can I participate in the society. That selfish concept of depressed artist is just passé, I wanted to be happy, productive and valuable

And this requires hard work, dedication and courage, because you know that there will come days when everything will be black, but don't go back as Amy did. The goal is to defeat the bad energy and to DO SOMETHING. 


 To give the world that art that is inside us and we're afraid to do it. It doesn't matter that it won't be good enough, it will matter that you've done it. And you made a step forward. No one made a masterpiece in the first place, and if you look at the great work of great artists,they have BIG mistakes. And maybe this is why we love it so much. So DO MISTAKES. Create.
 

(picture taken a year ago, by Dario)

( In this point I highly suggest the book War of art by Steven Pressfield, and a great talk by Neil Gaiman.)
  
There are tons of creative people who feel the same, you are not alone. When you realize this fact, it's much more easy. When you share at loud your big problems and anxieties, you realize that in fact, they are not really that big. And then you laugh because it's just so silly to think what others will say and because you have made some mistakes or you're not sure what really is your way. It's not important. Go forward with love, gratitude and passion.

In the end, I want to share with you the photography project I'm doing in this moment which is still growing and getting new heights. It's called What makes you feel beautiful and it's a way to celebrate power and beauty of real women who have a vision and who want to make a change. I'd be very happy to hear your thoughts about it and if you want to participate in any way write me!

                 CHECK  THE PROJECT HERE


Have a great, grateful and creative weekend, full of love and happiness!

 simplicity- picture taken by Dario






5 comments:

duckalicious said...

super breakthrough in nov projekt, mene si že inspirirala!

Evelina said...

Kak je lepo videt pozitivno razliko v objavah zdaj, pa pred nekaj meseci (: Super nova ti in fantastičen projekt (:

Anita (Life.Style.Fun.) said...

Čudovito zapisano in se popolnoma strinjam s tvojimi dognanji! <3

Evelina said...

Sem tudi jaz prebrala popolnoma vse zgodbe in čestitke še z moje strani za tako čudovit projekt. Veliko uspehov pri njem (:

Andrea said...

Res hvala punce, veliko mi pomeni :)