November 9, 2010

THE RULES OF ATTRACTION



A sneek peak of what I'm doing at the moment for my homework. We had to choose a theme and then draw some illustrations which later improve with the computer. My sketches will be inspired by the book THE RULES OF ATTRACTION by Bret Easton Ellis. It's about bohemian college students, mostly about three of them who find themselves in a love triangle. Dark, but funny novel.
I love illustrating, even more than designing. You can put more of "you" in the sketch and it's much more liberating. I wish we had more drawing&painting classes at my faculty.

It's complicated with my mind for quite some time now. When I start to think what am I going to do in 2 years, when I  finish this school, I feel confused like I've never been before. It's so hard to take the right decision when you love two different things and you don't know which one you love more. but maybe the time to choose hasn't come yet. because i'm not ready. 
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LET IT GO AND JUST WAIT. YOU'LL KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME. 

9 comments:

Lee said...

Love the engaging concept. I'm intrigued. That novel sounds interesting as well. Keep us updated on it all :)

-Lee
http://beautifuldayfashion.blogspot.com/

ching said...

wow, i like this illustration. and i should try giving that book a read. :)

irina said...

love what you are doing!

duckalicious said...

maybe you don't have to choose.

hiven said...

stunning
x hivennn. enter my giveaway? six whole miss patina dresses to giveaway.

pancakeSTACKER said...

Thanks for stopping by! What a fantastic start to your assignment! Looks like the end result is going to be great :)

Stop by again soon!
http://pancakestacker.blogspot.com

alter muffin said...

Najbolj nora knjiga o študentih, kar jih berem:) in super kjut ilustracija. Me likes.

Ramona said...

You are very good at drawing! So great illustration! Can't wait to see how it will look at the end!

xo Ra

Ellinor Forje said...

Very interesting style. Thans for sharing the illustration and drop by me to when you have time.

Cheers.